• Water Quality
For information about Coweta County, Georgia’s water quality,
click here for the most recent Water Quality Report.
• What is Thermal Expansion
Click here to learn more.
• Irrigation Meters
Irrigation Meters Required for All New Irrigation Systems
• Backflow Prevention
Backflow Prevention Handbook
Backflow: 50 Questions & Answers
Backflow Prevention - Assembly Test Data and Maintenance Report
Backflow Prevention Policy and Procedures
Backflow Prevention Program Customer Responsibilities
For a list of certified backflow testers click here:
For more information, contact Tracy Thigpen, Backflow Prevention Coordinator, 770-254-3710 extension 8821
• Septic Tanks
If you have a septic tank for sewerage, use these helpful
publications to learn how to protect and maintain your
The Importance of Septic Tank Maintenance
How to Avoid Septic Tank Problems
Homeowner's Septic System Guide
• How to Check for a Leak
Check your water meter to find leaks in your home.
• Start by turning off all faucets and water-using appliances in your home. (Remember to include your ice maker!)
• Take a reading on your water meter. Continue to keep all water-using appliances turned off.
• After two hours, take a second reading. If the dial has moved, you have a leak!
• FOG - Fats, Oils and Grease
Click here for the FOG Clean Water Campaign Brochure.